Sunday, June 24, 2012

Update on my life

Egad! It certainly has been awhile since I've been here. Let me 'splain:

In September 2009 Stampin' Up! altered it's policy concerning blogging. Basically they didn't want demos to have personal blogs or blogs that combined their SU business with anything else. They also didn't want us doing anything that could be considered a conflict of interest. I can understand them not wanting a SU demo also being a Closer To My Heart consultant or anything along those lines. That would indeed be a direct conflict. But they took the stance that a demo is a demo 24-7 and anything & everything we do can reflect on Stampin' Up! and because of this they want all demos to become the crafting equivalent of Stepford Wives. While I do try to comply with the rules & regs in my life, I am not, nor have I ever been what anyone would call mainstream in either my apperance or my views. It ain't gonna happen! However, this proclamation & the resulting hubbub took the fun out of blogging for me. I'm still a demo & I still enjoy rubber stamping, both selling & teaching. I'm still a member at RSC, tho' I don't hang out there as much as I did in the past. Mostly cuz I've been too busy with SU & family.

However, my personal creativity has taken a slightly different path this year...Nail Art! The crossover between rubber stamping/crafting & nail art is abundant, so I have many of the tools & blingy bits in my crafting stash that I have been able to use a new way. I'm also enjoying blog hopping thru a long list of very talented women who also express their creativity thru' their finger nails. I find inspiration for my own nail art by looking at theirs in a way I never have when looking at stamping/crafting blogs.

So now what? I think I'm going to try blogging about my nail art. I know, it's superficial & may cost me my 7 stamping followers, but while I'll be sad to see them go if they don't like my new 'thing', I really think I want to give this a try. Not to compete with any of the established nail art bloggers, I want to do it for me. My darling hubby says I don't self promote well .(he also says I'm an artist at self-depreciation lol) I think showing my nail art to the world & sharing what I've learned about my art & myself is a step in the right direction. Will anybody read what I've written or care? I don't know. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks! Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.