Saturday, October 27, 2012

NOTW #3 I vant to paint your nails!

Hello Dahlings!

I seem to have been possessed by the Spirit of Halloween Manicures! I don't usually do 3 in a week, but there have been so many great manis out there to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) that I just had to up my game to fit the ones I most want to do in before the 31st. And now on to the art...

This manicure was inspired from 2 sources: Luvable Nail's YouTube video playing HERE & Nail Wish's Day #6 Halloween mani HERE.

After my usual base coat was dry, I gave magnetic polish another go. This time I used China Glaze Magnetix Attraction. This one was also a pita to get off my skin, but I had better luck with the magnet. I used the magnetic cap from a Finger Paints magnetic polish & turned it so the lil bridge one is supposed to place on the cuticle was just past the tip of my left pinky nail & the edge of the cap was resting on my cuticle. I did the same for my left thumb. The wave pattern is reversed, but I can live with that as some of the pattern is covered with red polish & upside down beats none at all.

I used L.A. Colors Color Craze Hot Blooded for the dripping blood & Wet N' Wild Wild Shine French White for the fangs. I used a dotting tool to place red polish near the cuticles & to make the bottom of the drips. I used a short striper (it's about 5/8" long & easier to control than the 3/4" - 1" stripers commonly used for nail art) to fill out & connect the drips & to paint the fangs. Last step was a protecting coat of Seche Vite.

I think I can squeeze in one more Halloween manicure before da season of spookiness is over. Any ideas on what I should do? Jack-o-lanterns? Ghosts or ghouls? I do want to do more with my GITD polishes...stay tuned!

~ Inky

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love how you can use magnetic nail polish in your designs I can never seem to fit any in mine :( Great job on these!! :) And I'm thinking you should so do some spooky jack-o-lanterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristine! Having big hands along with longer nails does give me room to play with magnets. On the flip side, a lot of the round stamping plate full nail images aren't big enuf to cover my nails. Such is life...full of opportunities to explore creative possibilities!

      Have you tried doing a small design along one side of your nails or a french tip with a magnetic design?

      Delete
  2. So incredible. Love your nails. Since I'm not a nail blogger, I'm still working on dots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love dotticures & do them often, just not right now with Halloween nigh.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.