Friday, November 7, 2014

First Friday Franken ~ GITD fails!

Hello Dahlings!
 
It's my polish daughter, Swishie's fav post that I do time again!
While there are more beautiful polishes out there
than I could ever hope to acquire,
I'm a DIYer at heart & can't help but dabble
with frankening my own polishes.
Sometimes da results are not quite what I had in mind...
 
 In daylight it looks just fine!
 
 Da line up ~ Black Berry Cobbler gitd neon purple holo
& Ghoulish Kisses gitd black jelly
BBC is from my experiments with creating gitd holos & works well.
Da rainbows are week, but they do add a bit of sparkle.
Ghoulish Kisses is a mix of China Glaze Ghoulish Glow
& a Miss Kiss black jelly from a Halloween kit
I picked up a couple of years ago.
GG sucks just as much in this franken as it did before!
I know there are peeps out there that love it,
but I got a bad bottle in 2012
that separates 5 minutes after being shaken
& takes several coats over white to get a glow
that doesn't last any longer than da polish stays mixed.
I might be able to salvage it by adding a better gitd
like Sinful Colors Glow or Sally Girl.
 
 These Wave Vinyls from The Little Lacquer Bean work very well!
 
 Da black wavey stripes were supposed to glow greenish white
over da pinkish orange of BBC.
Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't great, but it could have gone worse.
 
>^. .^<
 
I can't look at dos claws, they too failed & I is a claw art snob.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.