Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Crack Me Up!

Hello Dahlings!

I was in the mood to experiment with some untrieds one night recently...
 
 
 Over the last year I bought 5 of Claire's Mood polishes: hyper/relaxed is a blurple/aqua shimmer, fabulous/funky is a semi matte neon pink/bold pink, calm/wild is a shimmery magenta/pink, mellow/crazy is a sparkly almost glitter lavender/pink & peaceful/confident is a semi matte teal/turquoise.
The black is Sephora by OPI Blasted Black
 
 
From top to bottom on my right hand: thumb - peaceful/confident, index - hyper/relaxed, middle - mellow/crazy, ring - calm/wild, pinky - fabulous/funky.
I've had mood polishes before & I loved how my nail bed would be one color & the tip the other. These did NOT do that! 
 
 
My left hand at room temp. I reversed the order on this hand from what's on the right.
 
My right hand after adding heat. I had to practically scald my hand under the tap to get the colors to change. To pull this skittle mani together I topped my nails with Sephora by OPI Blasted Black crack polish. I've used this polish several times with no issues, but this time it pulled the hyper/relaxed (on my right index finger) away from the base coat so the color was missing in spots & on the fingers I used calm/wild I had hideous staining in the crack pattern. A week later & I still have traces of reddish pink on my right ring finger! Blerg.

So over all I have to call this mani a fail & can't recommend the Claire Mood polishes unless you just like the base color & have no hope for any color changing effect.

On the bright side, my Orly Nail Rescue patch on my right pinky is still holding!

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky





2 comments:

  1. Very cute mani :D Sorry you are having to go through so much for your posts :O/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too. lol Hopefully Mr Inky can fix it or rig something up for me soon if Blogger doesn't stop thwarting my efforts.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.