Saturday, January 5, 2013

Kitchen Sink Saturdays #1

Hello Dahlings!

The fantabulous Nicole at Young Wild & Polished suggested this challenge last week & I jumped at the chance to stretch my creative muscles with something I'm not very good at: randomness. A kitchen Sink mani is where no 2 nails on a hand have the same pattern & can even have different colors, textures etc. Basically we're to thow everything at our nails but the kitchen sink & we can use that too, if we want!

I used 2 polishes for this one: Snap Dragon Sparkle is a franken polish I created by adding craft pigment powder from the craft store to a white polish I got at the Dollar Tree. It's the perfect blue violet IMO cuz it shifts from blue to violet depending on the light. The black is Scandal Modern Black.
 
Isn't my baby gorgeous!
 
I applied 2 coats of SDS then used my short striper & large dotting tool to make the various designs, except the thumb. That got a V French tip sticker guide to make the pointed halfmoon. I tried striping tape on my left hand & I have to confess...I do better free handing lines than using tape! How dumb is that! LOL The painted areas next to the tape strips bled under the tape & required tidying with the striper brush. After all the paint had dried to the touch I applied a coat of Seche Vite.
 
Please go visit the other KSS players!

 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky
 
 

8 comments:

  1. hello my lovely inky, im having issues uploading pics to, i do mine through picasa. It is very easy to upload the pics through there. Hope this helps angel...great mani as always hun! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my beloved Mistress! Mr Inky suggested all kinds of other options I could use when I whinged to him about it, but my last brain cell isn't up to learning something new at the moment. LOL I just hope Blogger gets it's act together soon.

      Delete
  2. Love that purple!! Your kitchen sink mani is super gorgeous inky lady!! :D I don't even think I'd be able to do a kitchen sink mani I'm wayyyy too OCD hahah!

    Why wont Blogger let you upload any more of your lovely pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too...that's why I agreed to do it, so I'd stretch my creativity. I'm not able to do every nail dif colors as well as dif designs...yet, but I'm working on it!

      Mr Inky went online a few days ago to see what's up & all he learned was it isn't me, it's an issue Blogger seems to be have for some folks. YoungWildAndPolished has been having issues too. Hopefully they'll get it figured out soon or heads will roll! LOL

      Delete
  3. i love how this looks on you. you're getting some good length :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tho I did chop about 1/4" off a few days after I did this mani. lol

      Delete
    2. aww a quarter of an inch will grow back soon enough :)

      Delete
    3. lol I did it on purpose! 1" nails looked good but they were too long. They got in the way & they hurt. My hands have been much happier with the shorter length. <3

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.