Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weird Wednesdays ~ Smooch Your Nails!

Hello Dahlings!
 
Today's adventure into da weird is all about Smooching your nails!
 
Da line up: China Glaze Liquid Leather plus Clearsnap Smooch Pearlized Accent Inks in Moonlight, Grape Soda, Silver Fox & Plum Twist.
 
 Smooch inks are opaque, permanent, dry fast & can handle Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat! The 'brush' is more like a marker tip than a polish brush in that it has no bristles, just a soft formed point. I had pretty good control while dotting away, tho' more practice will be needed before I feel comfy enuf to freehand images. 
Ta Da! I did a dotted line of each color, going in a different direction, using the 'brush' in da bottles. I did this over 2 coats of Liquid Leather. Da Plum Twist doesn't show up well against da black polish, but it would over a slightly lighter color. I so enjoy discovering crafting supplies (that I already have) that will work for nail art!
 
Smooch inks are available online & in some craft stores. Check the rubber stamping aisle near the stamp pads & other ink supplies. To learn more about these nifty inks & what you can use them for, go visit Clearsnap.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky 

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Smooch, but i think i might like that marker type of tip. and I tagged you in a post, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like any new tool or technique, practice may be needed, but they do offer better control than a regular brush & come in so many pretty colors.

      I did & I may even do it! LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.