Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Simples Week 11 ~ Gradient

Hello Dahlings!
 
Yes, I'm a bit behind this week.
Between procrastinating over stamp camp prep
& my teeth giving me a hard time,
I just haven't felt like doing much at all.
I've even felt too guilty & in pain to paint my nails!
(oh da horrors!)
 
But I did get this week's Simples assignment done
& I have started on my prep.
(after getting this posted I'll be sitting down
to a 6+ hour Netflix marathon of movies
while I cut cardstock until either my hands fall off
or I get all 4 cards done. It could happen!)
 
On to da nails!
 
For week 11, Debbie has us doing Gradients.
I LOVE GRADIENTS!!!
 
She made this awesome TUTORIAL VIDEO
where she shows us how to do gradients 5 different ways!
Yet, with all this new technique info available
I did mine da same way I always do
cuz I just wasn't up thinking all that much.
 
 I did okay, all things considered.
I went with da basic rainbow thing using red, yellow & blue
in the hope that they'd blend enuf to make all da colors.
I needed to bounce more but my bouncer was too tired.
 
& Cranberry Crush along with da bit of cosmetic sponge I used
held in reverse grip tweezers.
(all 3 are from da Fall Preview Collection)
 
I trim my sponges down to pieces that are about 1/4" wide
by a little less than da length of my ring finger nail.
This gives me room to bounce up & down da nail as well as side to side
without making a big ole mess on da skin around da nail.

 This is 2 easy peasy nice & easy coats of Cornucopia
It has these itty bitty flecks of pinkish purple
that my camera refused to see
but it gives this lovely warm gold a bit of flash
along with da subtle rainbow.

 Sun pic!
Tho' getting sun pics when wearing holos is a good thing,
I've never liked my pics with my palm showing,
but I don't always have something suitable on hand to hold.
So I took a piece of self-adhesive black felt
& wrapped it around an empty TP tube
that I flattened into a long oval shape
that fits under my fingers nicely
& gives me a backdrop for sun pic manis.
 
Not my best gradient ever, but it does da job.
 
>^. .^<

 Hi Meowmy!

I'se gonna nap now.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! Follow Debbie's tutorial & you'll be doing gradients in no time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I has awesome polish to play with thanks to you! LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.