Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Time for New Hair & Nails to Match!

Hello Dahlings!

Yes, it's that time again where I show you my latest dye job
& da mani I did to match it.

I do have to say that I wasn't as happy with this hair
as I've been with my previous dye jobs.
I blame Color Jam 2 Purple Passion
cuz that shiz ain't purple, it's red plum leaning maroon!

I still have 2 shades of pink & 2 shades of blue left over
from my annual summer multi-color dye left-overs fest.
Da purple from that dye job had pretty much faded out
& I had da usual 1" or so of grow out.

I bleached my fringe roots.
I applied Ion Brights Lavender to the top, sides & back fringe.
I applied Color Jam 2 Purple Passion
to da front & side fringes along with da back.

This is what I got...
...da left side...

 ...& da right side.
Meh.
Da plumy maroon just ruins it for me.
I've decided to live with it for a week
& if it still bugs me I'll over dye da whole mess
with something else...maybe Electric Blue?

At least my nails turned out better!

 On my left hand I applied 2 buttery smooth coats of
*swoon*
I is in lurv with this dark blue violet 
rainbow fest of bountiful beauty!
(shown with one coat of Seche Vite)

 On my right hand I applied 2 coats of
(shown with 1 coat of Seche Vite)
My Ultimate Lemming for almost a year
has been a neon purple linear holo polish.
When XOXO, Jen sent me a pic of this polish
I dang near wet my knickers
& rushed off to buy me a bottle!
The color is EXACTLY what I wanted!!!
Alas, the formula was not.
I added thinner twice & that only got me
to the consistency of house paint.
(if you add too much thinner
you can cause the polish to fail in a horrible,
not wearable way, so be careful when using it)
So I added a lil clear, non-fast drying polish
& that at least thinned it enuf that I could get a 2nd coat on
w/o pulling off da previous gloppiesque coat.
It's still thicker than I like, but it's now wearable.
*le sigh*
I figures that when I finally get my paws on my ultimate lemming,
it's less than perfect.
I ordered 2 other polishes with Electric Violet
& hope they aren't as persnickety to apply.
A plus for the vendor is that one of those other bottles
got decapitated by da USPS
(toopid PO...it was well wrapped)
& she replaced it pronto.
 
On to da nail art!

I used Kleancolor Metallic Fuchsia
with da large cable knit design
in da upper left corner of Vivid Lacquer plate VL 025
to stamp over Autumn Nights.
 
I used Kleancolor Metallic Sapphire
with da 2nd down on da left design
from Vivid Lacquer plate VL 026
to stamp over Electric Violet.
 
I like to wear a cozy sweater on those crisp Autumn Nights, don't you?
 
Funky & fun!
(My dentist liked this mani!
She told me so right before she pinned me to da chair
for over 2 hours as she filled 4 cavities. Blerg.)
 
If I redo my hair, I'll show you.
I haven't decided yet...
 
>^. .^<
 
 You should take care of your fangs, like I do, Meowmy!
 
A good chewing on catnip keeps dem clean
& makes me a happy Ciri.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

4 comments:

  1. Omg I love it Jenna!!!!! Lol lol holy ur side profile reminds me of mine....lol if it wasn't for that hair!!!! Okay this is a great colourful start.....inbox me woman.....lol i wanna put a face to those nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't happening! LMBBO Glad you like the hair tho. <3

      Delete
  2. The head of awesome hair!!!! shoulda asked her if you could pay in manis ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do my own hair & nails, so if it fails...it's all my fault! LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.