Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Blue Shimmer Comparison

Hello Dahlings!

This week I have a comparison of 4 blue shimmer polishes.

 Well I thought they were all medium to dark blue
when I pulled them out.

 The line up ~ Ruby Kisses Mediterranean Midnight, Orly After Party,
Bonita Forget-Me-Not & Kleancolor Sapphire.

All swatches are 2 coats over my franken base
with a coat of Orly Sec N' Dry.

 Pinky ~ Ruby Kisses Mediterranean Midnight
A nice medium dark blue crelly with a blue shimmer.
I really like this brand & it's only draw back is availability.
Try your local independent beauty supply stores.

 Ring ~ Orly After Party
This one fooled me!
I thought it was a blackened blue base with dark blue, purple,
red & pink micro glitter giving it shimmer. Nope.
It's a black crelly with all those shimmery bits in it
& the dark blue bits make it look bluish in the bottle.
It's also a one coater, but I did 2 just because.

 Middle ~ Bonita Forget-Me-Not
Your basic medium dark blue with blue & purple shimmer.
Bonita's are available at Rite Aid & are a decent brand for the price.

 Index ~ Kleancolor Sapphire.
Another medium dark blue crelly
& it barely showed it's blue shimmer on the nail.
What it did do on my nail was this...

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!
This was after soaking my nail in pure acetone for several minutes
& then covered it with Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover (the blue one)
for several more minutes before scrubbing in hot soap & water,
hence the fried & boiled skin around my index nail.
The good news is that buffing my acrygel overlay around the edges
to blend in the demarcation line did remove some of it,
but it's going to take a major buffing to remove it all.
I'll wait until my next maintenance mani to do it
& hope that it will fade somewhat as I do manis between now & then.
For those of you with unenhanced nail beds...BEWARE!!!
This kind of deep staining will be nigh on impossible
to buff away without damaging your beds.
You'll have to live with blue tinted nails for weeks until if fades.

I did some stamping in white over these nails the next day,
but I think I had some cutie oil on the nails
& the stamping wouldn't stick
& the Orly Sec N' Dry didn't get along with the stamping polish
& smeared it, plus the Kleancolor bled (as they tend to do)
& tinted the white to blue on that nail.
It was such a hot mess that I didn't even take pics.
I'm not sorry as I don't want to scare my dahling readers away. LOL

>^. .^<

Dat blue claw is scary!
I'se gonna stay up here until it stops being so blue.

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.