Monday, March 28, 2016

Pink Polish Comparison feat. Creative Shop Plate 14

Hello Dahlings!

Yes, I know I didn't post last Wednesday.
Yes, I know today is Monday.
Yes, my posting schedule is all kinds of whacked.
This isn't going to change any time soon.
Real life is sucking the fun out of my polish fantasy
& I need to cut back a wee bit for the next month or so.
I'll still be doing my challenges.
I'll just be posting fewer comparisons & me manis.
I can't not do the RL things that need doing,
so my blog will just have to suck it up & take one for the team.
So it goes. Sometimes Adulting sucks!

Anywho, this comparison is all about the pink crèmes
& my fav type of crème polishes are NEONS!!!

So I did this... 

 Boy, was that pinky nail a surprise!

 The line up ~ Sinful Colors Bright B4 UR Eyes, Orly Beach Cruiser,
NK Cerise, Finger Paints Warhol Wannabe & Hit the Bottle Snowed In

 All nails are 2 coats of color over my franken base
with a coat of Orly Sec N' Dry.

Pinky ~ Sinful Colors Bright B4 UR Eyes
Look at the bottle. Look at the color of my pinky nail.
Um...nope.
Not only is the bottle painted a misleading neon pink,
the polish color is no where near the color of the bottle.
This was the sheerest of this bunch & could have used a 3rd coat.

 See? I'm not making this shiz up.
Sinful Colors are available in most US drugstores,
but I suggest you skip this one, even if it is on clearance.

Ring (& thumb) ~ Orly Beach Cruiser
This is more like it! 
A bright poke-your-eye-out-with a-neon-stick pink.
It did go on a bit streaky with the 1st coat
& the 2nd coat only helped so much.
Top coat did more to even out the color.
Available at Sally Beauty Supply. 

Middle ~ NK Cerise
The darkest of this bunch.
Almost not a neon, but a decent bright pink
that went on smooth & was almost a one coater.
Look for this brand in your local independent supply shops.

Index ~ Finger Paints
This is one of my all time fav neon pinks!
It's not the lightest or brightest,
but it goes on well & wears well too.
Available at your nearest Sally Beauty Supply.

 This is Creative Shop Stampin Plate 14. I used the HtB Snowed In
I topped these nails with Orly Sec N' Dry
& could have smacked myself when it smeared the stamping polish
on every single nail after waiting at least half an hour before applying it.
In spite of the smearing, I got great detail on every nail!

 Pinky stamping looks perfect!

 Other than missing a bit near my cuticle,
I mostly nailed the image on my ring finger too.

 On man! My middle nail looks SO good before the top cost.

 Look at all those itty bitty lines!
I love the detail possible on these plates!

I missed with my placement again,
but still am pleased with the detail I got.

These plates are truly awesome!
Now to work on my placement of the full nail images
& remember to NOT use the Orly fdtc over my stamped nails.

>^. .^<

Wakes me when you gets it right, K?

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

1 comment:

  1. Neon and pink...doesn't get better for me!! Love comparisons, look forward to them when RL allows! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.