Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Lady Varnishes w/glitter comparison!

Hello Dahlings!
 
This mani is from da vault & while da components work well enuf,
over all it's a bit of a fail.
Let's see what I learned...
 
 Da line up: The Lady Varnishes Among The Clouds (lilac blossom scented),
Sally Hansen Tweedy, The Lady Varnishes Hmmm? (unscented),
Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, Maybelline Clearly Spotted,
China Glaze Whirled Away plus a bit of sponge
 
 2 coats of Among The Clouds
Da 1st coat was a wee bit thickish, so I added thinner. 
Da 2nd coat went on smooth & self leveled.
Could have used 3 coats or undies to eliminate da VNL.
 
 Here's your close up, Mr DeVille!
I love da silver shimmer & fine blue shreds.
Subtle yet in-ter-esting.
 
 P ~ Tweedy, R ~ Hmmm?, M ~ Black Tie Optional, I ~ Clearly Spotted
& T ~ Whirled Away. I tried to do a glittered gradient & failed.
So these ended up sponged French tips.
Clearly Spotted & Black Tie Optional are pretty much dups,
so you could easily pass one of them up if you already had da other.
The rest are distinct in & of themselves. My fav?
 
 Hmmm? Hands down!
Look at all those interesting bits & bobs
plus silver micro glitter that gives it a fun shimmer.
In addition to da black & white bars & squares there are violet hexes too!
 
Da sun came out to play & I got a pic of da silver shimmer in Among The Clouds.
With da silver shimmer in ATC & Hmmm? they play together quite well!
Note to self: next time wear these together.
 
You can get these 2 along with other fantabulous polishes from The Lady Varnishes.
 
You may now worship his Royal Tininess of Cute-i-tude!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

4 comments:

  1. I'm really loving this manicure...too bad I'm in christmas mode now otherwise I would have copied

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You could do this design in Christmas color, ya know. LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow, your nails look AMAZING in this manicure, and I love that bottom shot--your nails look just da bomb in it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Egad, they were SO short. lol I think I may have been growing out a nubbin on my left hand at the time.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.