Friday, January 31, 2014

New Hair & Nails to Match!

Hello Dahlings!
 
This is my last 'normal' mani post for awhile. 28 days to be exact! Tomorrow I start da Nail Art A Go Go Challenge & other than double posting the challenge with Sunday Show & Tell I'm not likely to have time to do my usual blog stuff.
 
Da last time I did my hair was da weekend before Turkey Day. I used Color Jam Party Pink over what was left of the blue from September & some pink/purple left over from my summer My Lil Pony hair. This time I used Color Jam Kamikaze Pink. It's a gorgeous fuchsia in da bottle, but it usually turns out a much lighter pink in my hair, even with bleaching. I hoped it would turn out more like da bottle color by putting it over the old pink & would turn da old blue purple. I've really enjoyed having blue tips on my fringes da past year, but wanted to do something different for at least a couple of months. So after bleaching my fringe grow out I dyed my hair...
 
 Success!
I finally got this particular color to turn out close to da bottle color!!!
 
 My old blue did indeed turn purple.
 
 So I went with nails to co-ordinate with da purple hair.
This is 2 coats of LynB Designs I'm Your Huckleberry.
It's a lovely dark lavender crème.
(more about this polish in this Sunday's Show & Tell)
 
 I used IYHB as undies for The Devil Wears Polish Fun House.
This is 2 coats of yummy purple jelly with lil white & medium metallic
dark pink hexes with skull & crossbones glitters.
Yeah, I did have to go fishing for da skullies, but they're worth it!
(more about this polish on Sunday too)
 
 I wanted a lil bling so I got out my linear holo toppers to compare them.
(I told you I would!)
 
I added 1 coat of holo topper to each nail
 
 Pinky ~ Born Pretty Store 1
This one worked well over bright blue,
but it silvered the dark purple more than I liked
 
ring ~ I Love Nail Polish My Private Rainbow (L)
This one is still subtle at one coat,
but a 2nd coat upped da effect without silvering da color.
 
middle ~ Philly Loves Lacquer It's Always Sunny
This one is new & while it showed a pretty strong rainbow,
it also silvered da base color a lot.
 
index ~ LynB Designs Frosty Snot
I LOVE this holo topper!
It shows a strong rainbow without altering da base color.
I have got to see about talking Jenna into making this
holo awesomeness a permanent addition to her line!
 
 Da winner today & still reigning champ of da holo toppers
...Frosty Snot!
 
>^. .^<
 
Meowmy, please don't turn my pretty white fur funny colors, K?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. Loving the hair!!!!!!!!! I cant get over how small ciri is still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! <3 Yep, he's a little man cat & going to stay that way. He doesn't let it stop him from being in charge. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.