Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nail Art A Go Go Challenge! ~ Day 8 Still Life

Hello Dahlings!

Ah...da best laid plans of mice & moms often go awry.
This is one of those manis.
It isn't a total fail, just could have been done better.
Today's prompt is Still Life.
You know...all those really boring paintings of vases of flowers & bowls of fruit you quickly pass by at da museum to get to da good stuff? In art classes, still life's are used to teach shading as well as perspective & proportioning. Trust me, they're as boring to paint as they are to look at. LOL
 
 My Fimo Flowers Still Life with Blobs.
I started with 2 coats of Enterprise.
Enterprise is as perfect to apply as every other TLV polish I have.
I curved da oval cabachon base by pressing it around da curve of my 
Ultra Birchwood Stick (aka jumbo cuticle stick) so it fit da curve of my nail better.
I badly painted stems for da fimo flowers (I think I got these from Amazon?)
using a small detail brush (not small enuf!) & Palm Tree.
A few dabs of Orly Top2Bottom used to attach everything & a coat of Seche Vite.
(note to self ~ wait for thick blobs of T2B to dry before adding SV!)
 
 Da line up ~ The Lady Varnishes Enterprise & L.A. Colors Palm Tree
 
 
Tomorrow's prompt ~ Inner Geek
 
>^. .^<
 
 What dis?
 
 Bring it closer to my face, please?
 
What it sniff like?
 
At this point Mr Inky pulled a Ritz out for Ciri.
Lil Cute-a-tude grabbed it & ran off,
then played with it until it was in small enuf bits to eat.
I made Mr Inky hunt down & clean up da crumbs!
 
Thanks for stopping by & please visit da other challengers!
~ Inky

6 comments:

  1. That is all sorts of clever! Bravo I say even if ciri isn't bothered. I was thinking i've never seen those studs before wonder where they are from LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha I just turned it upside down & curved one of your ovals. I just wished I'd used something skinnier to make the stems. LOL

      Delete
    2. Don't be hating on the juicy stems lol

      Delete
    3. Ha! They look like a lil kid with a Crayola drew them. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the idea here. I love the use of fimo, I often don't really like how it looks, but I love what you did with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to do something different & this is different. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.